country boys & city girls




 
 
I'd forgotten how much I LOVE making blind contour line portraits. Something I'd learnt at college a million years a go as a way to truly look at your subject, you simply put your pen to your paper and draw what you see without looking back at the page. The results are fun, abstract lines and when layered, beautiful compositions are made that you'd probably not normally consider. You don't have to be 'able to draw' to join in, that's part of the fun. I find it great inspiration to start drawing again, especially when I'm getting bogged down with so many naughty embroideries. The above are all drawings of Suze while I stayed with her in Liverpool for a few days. I'd love to take these drawings further and turn them into embroideries. Actually..can you embroider fabric without looking? hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment