P.

 
 
A quick drawing break in between the pet portrait commissions.
More recently, I'm finding it important to take a break, to schedule in something different and to keep me creatively inspired. Sometimes that means an hour on Pinterest at midnight, but sometimes that means testing out new pages in a sketchbook, going back to a favourite artists book or just taking 5 minutes out of my day to organise myself and my piles of work. It's refreshing, keeps me inspired to make things and actually makes me appreciate what I'm making or planning. After the back - to - back commissions over Christmas resulting in being pretty poorly, purposefully taking breaks to try something different or to just, generally, take a break, is really important to my well being as well as my creative mind.
I'll post a bit about how I organise myself soon, it's becoming part of a routine that I can't encourage enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment