oh, hey old pal

 
 
I'm finally in a better place about the 'home is where..' embroideries. After the year anniversary of this piece and the ups and downs I've faced with it (I'm not being that dramatic, you can read more here) over this period of time, I really needed a break, a chance to take a step back ad to re-assess why I'm making them. Sounds a bit daft doesn't it? But I think I lost my way a little and lost my enthusiasm. However, stumbling across this vintage fabric of a traditional Chinese Toile de Jouy theme has got me excited about using the phrase again. Those little house, that lil fence and sweet birds are definitely more appropriate for the quote than a simple floral tray cloth. Like the last embroidery with the English cottage scene (here), it's time to be more literal with this one. It's only taken me a bloody year, but I think I know what I'm doing now? That's exciting isn't it! Watch out for bigger and better embroideries coming soon then!

No comments:

Post a Comment