work more, do more

 
 
I took this photo a few weeks back, during a miserable artists block. While trawling through Pinterest and perving on artists on Instagram can be successful, sometimes a good old fashioned book is exactly what I need to feel inspired again. They're not necessarily books on art that I'm about to make - Ed Templeton takes incredible can-did photos of skaters and teenagers, Jenny Saville, Egon Schiele and Lucian Freud are painters I absolutely love, but could never replicate, and Cindy Sherman dresses up as other characters and creates stories within photos and documentation - I haven't attempted art along any of those lines since uni, but going back to their books and admiring their imagination and skills really gets me pumped up to pull my finger out and work a little harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment